Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Actress Search Finds a 10-Year-Old Disney Star

Gina Wilhelm Actress - Actress Search Finds a 10-Year-Old Disney Star

Straight-A student Elizabeth Dampier has always had talent, her parents say. After almost three years of auditions, she landed the role of the young Tiana in Disney's latest animated movie.

"Well, I had many open call auditions and they called me, and I came out to L.A." to try out for her role in "The Princess and the Frog."

This is the first animated Disney movie to feature an African Americn princess. Dampier had to develop a New Orleans accent in order to land the role.

Her movie parents are voiced by Oprah Winfrey and Terrence Howard, and her adult self is voiced by Anika Noni Rose.

"I was excited and I am blessed and privileged that God would give me such an opportunity and that this movie will go down in history," Dampier said.

Gina Wilhelm Actress

No comments: