Thursday, November 12, 2009

Gabourey Sidibe is a Good Actress

Gina Wilhelm Actress - Gabourey Sidibe is a Good Actress

Gabourey Sidibe is the breakout star of the movie "Precious: Based on the Novel by Sapphire," which was a hit at film festivals and opened in limited release in the US November 6.

She nearly didn't audition. "I didn't decide to go to the audition. I just ended up on that side of the street."

Director Lee Daniels nearly didn't cast her, either. At first he had been looking for actresses who were just like the character in the movie.

Precious is an illiterate high schooler who's been abused by both her parents.

"I realized I needed someone to act that, not be that," Daniels said. "I knew she was the girl. She brought a sense of confidence and smarts (to the role). She got it."

Costar Paula Patton was equally enthusiastic. "I was blown away by her performance. I think actors can work their whole lives and not turn out a performance like she has done."

Gina Wilhelm Actress

No comments: