Sunday, December 7, 2008

In Which I Audition for a Show

Gina Wilhelm Actress

That's right, it's a post about ME for once.

Today I had an audition for an actual-gasp-musical. Not Gilbert & Sullivan or Opera or anything. This was Seattle Musical Theatre's "Jane Eyre The Musical."

And I was even there on time. As promised.

Everyone there who knew me seemed pleased to see me, and the assistant stage manager, whom I don't know, was very nice. And she kept me from saying I wanted to be considered for what I assume was an ingenue part (Two characters with names beginning with "B" with which I would never ever saddle a poor kid. Too confusing).

I'm especially pleased with how my song went. We spent a lot of time working on it, and I think it paid off. It's been out of my regular rotation, but I think I may go back to singing "My Funny Valentine" more often.

After I sang, the music director wanted to hear me do some other things, so I'm feeling optimistic about this one. Fingers crossed. Hopefully this post will be just part one of a series. Stay tuned!

Gina Wilhelm Actress

No comments: